The present situation (COVID-19) the whole world currently face has certainly caused a lot of changes in our approach to work. No one would have taught that the exit from a phase into a new phase would manifest this way. This has caused a rise in some essential questions about how we would likely approach this new order.
After W.H.O declared COVID-19 as a pandemic almost every organization in the world immediately began to devise means of making their operations continue. Popular organizations like Google declared that their staff should work from home (Remote) in other to reduce the potential spread of the Virus. We have eventually seen many more organizations doing the same e.g Twitter, Shopify, etc. meetings are been done online, projects have been launched and completed virtually without the team been together in a physical location (Office).
COVID-19 brought about the significant change the world now experience and everything now points out that this new model of remote work is here to stay.
Read Also: Why You Need To Migrate Your Business Online
5 Ways Work Will Change in the Future
- Decentralized workforces – Employees won’t need to be in the same location to fix or collaborate as a team. The advancement of mobile technology and readily available internet access will make it easier for remote workers to operate.
- Fluid gigs: Positions in the organization will become more flexible, the default organizational chart will gradually fade away and project-based teams will gradually get to be adopted.
- Motivation to work: Many desire to work with an organization with a clear mission and purpose they can believe in. So people will need more than the pay to stay motivated to work there must continually be a push eg Personal development, Latest technology, aspiration, etc.
- Continuous learning: Technology will breed more innovation, therefore the need to keep evolving with more knowledge and skill is necessary.
- Technology to augment jobs: Humans will need to develop a level of acceptance and comfort with Artificial intelligence Algorithms, Intelligent Machines because they will become co-workers. This will make work results faster and increase efficiency to solve bigger problems.
To be prepared for this future you need to step into the opportunity that pursuing your passion provides rather than shrink back to what had resulted in success in the past. This shift in work opens the possibility to achieve more of our potential. We need to begin to think of work as more than a paycheck.
Brand Strategist | Graphics Designer | Travel Consultant